There are untold benefits of using walking as exercise. Besides requiring no equipment other than appropriate shoes, there’s no need for any special equipment. Just about anyone can partake, and you can do it just about anywhere, at any time of day and under most weather conditions.
At our office, we’re committed to helping you improve and maintain the health of your feet. We offer our patients empathy, patience and a broad spectrum of knowledge. Our experienced and friendly professionals will determine just the right treatment for you.
Walking can offer numerous health benefits to people of all ages and fitness levels. It may also help prevent certain diseases and even prolong your life. With that in mind, we offer some of its benefits.
- reduce risk for coronary heart disease.
- help lower blood sugar.
- burn calories and help maintain or lose weight.
- protect joints, including knees and hips, by lubricating and strengthening the muscles that support them.
- boost immune function.
- reduce anxiety, depression and negative moods.
- strengthen leg muscles.
- provide considerable benefits for those with osteoarthritis while not worsening symptoms or disease progression.
- fulfill daily recommended exercise for people of all ages and fitness levels.
And, last but not least, it’s free!
Also, consider getting a pedometer or other fitness tracker to keep track of your daily steps! There are tons of apps on iPhones and Androids!
At our office, our specialists are dedicated to the care and comfort of each patient. We are at the forefront of advances in care and offer effective solutions to improve the look, feel and function of your feet. Please don’t hesitate to call us today to learn all about our services and how we can help any of your foot issues. We promise that your feet will be in good hands!